Friday, July 4, 2008

Audi R8 on Gordon River Bridge

Amazingly, on a Monday after work I decided to make my fairly frequent jaunt downtown not figuring to see much being a Monday around 6PM and all. While approaching 8th St at Wind and the Willows I spotted a car I had never seen before. Of coarse, now the chase is on.

The car appeared to be in the left turn lane but since I was already in the intersection, I had to continue West on 5th Ave. I had to make a series of turns and calculations to determine where such a car would be going when going away from downtown. I took a chance knowing there's no left turn onto U.S. 41 from 5th Ave so I headed toward Gordon River bridge by way of Tin City and back roads. Sure enough, I located the car at the light at Goodlette and 9 St and started taking pictures.

 
 

I figured all bets where off when taking a picture of such a car. I didn't try and hide my picture taking as I'm sure the car owners expect to turn some heads and have a casual picture taken of the car.
 
 

Now, after losing them over the bridge, I turned into the parking area where Kelly's Fish House is and turned around to complete my drive through downtown, figuring the car is continuing East on U.S. 41. To my surprise the Audi R8 is now going West over the Gordon River bridge and appeared would go North on U.S. 41. I managed a few more photos just after Goodlette and as the Audi R8 headed North. Now they've got to be wondering how I'm again traveling the same direction as they; that is if they noticed me this time or the first time at all.





Here's a video and story on the Audi R8 -
www.usatoday.com/money/autos/reviews/healey/2007-08-10-r8_N.htm

If you've seen or driven this car, let me know via a comment.

Thanks and enjoy. Naplesgc
Posted by Picasa

No comments: